Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cause I need To Eat Like STAT!


Have you ever found yourself needing something quick and tasty, but not greasy, and preferably not from a fast food joint? So you find that I don’t eat much meat (pause) and that’s because I love seafood (no pun intended at all). I have a quick recipe for a basic scallop that you can use for almost any dish. Put it in pasta, rice, on top of spinach or pair with a veggie or starch. it only takes about 6 minutes and it’s really tasty. I do this dish when I need something quick and to the point.

What You Need:

  • Fresh or frozen bay scallops
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Olive Oil
  • Red Pepper flakes (optional, it’s also good without)

In a hot skillet with about a teaspoon of olive oil, carefully add rinsed, thawed scallops. Sprinkle salt, pepper & spices and cook for about 5 minutes. Be sure to stir & flip scallops as they cook, to be sure that they are done.

Pair with a green salad & a white wine. I like Piesporter. Well I like just about any wine.